Where Are They Now?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Belhaven to Belhaven (spelling corrected)

A very quiet day, as far as progress is concerned.  We are still in Belhaven.  I think this is working like a traffic light.  Yesterday we had a very quiet day on the water.  Today all that happened is a bunch of people came in and anchored in 20 knot winds and others came into a slip and fought the crosswinds to tie up.  Tomorrow AM if the wind improves (reduces...not something we normally would say on the Chesapeake in the summer) all of us that are anchored or are in slips will head off...a real traffic jam...not really.

Excitement today was a trip to the grocery store, a mile and a half away, in a golf cart with no brakes and less power.  No big deal until I was not paying enough attention and I rolled through a stop sign.  The UPS driver that could have had us slowed and waved.  I strongly recommend UPS over Fed Ex or DHL or anyone.  We also spent some time on battery checks...all seemed fine. 

7:00 PM now and all seems quiet.  Hate to talk about it.  Hope to be on the way it the AM.~~~(\_~~~D&M

Prettier than last night but not a lot different. Maybe tomorrow!!!!

No comments: