Where Are They Now?

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Still in Key Largo

It started as a quiet day.  Did some laundry.  Martha and Pegg did some exercises and yoga.  Jay and I hit a couple of yard sales in case there where any nautical items we did not have yet.  It was the weekend so we decided it was a Bloody Mary day.  Then we came up with the bright idea that we should drive (Jay, Pegg, and Martha) and tow (Dan) kayaks to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.  I think the driving went well but I know the towing didn't.  Even with my special polaroid glasses I was not able to read the water well enough.  Got to some points where I realized I was bumping bottom with the outboard.  I raised it one level.  Got a little further.  Sometimes I had to raise it all the way.  Then I was rowing...then I was out of the boat trying to pull boat and kayaks...then I was sinking into mud as I tried to pull.  Finally got there and learned I had violated all kinds of rules about protecting the reefs.  Luckily (so far) no one has thrown the book at me.  Once in the park Jay and Pegg had a good time with kayaks while Martha and I dopped around in the dinghy.  Martha's workouts are good for her knees but then there is the pain of the workout to deal with.  After devastating Florida's reefs I didn't need any more work.  In spite of all it was another nice day.  We are almost up to Florida temperatures.  Another nice supper on board and now we will listen to the music not very far away from Coconuts cause we are too comfortable sitting here and really don't want to go up and join the Saturday night crowd. ~~~(\_~~~D&M

Dan delivered the kayaks to John Pennekamp Park...barely.

Jay and Pegg had a good time with them.

Martha and Dan watched from the dinghy...

Not sure that nature approved of all our antics...the mangroves are amazing!

No comments: