Yesterday Dan spent working for the Park again. I finished up my "railing" around the houseboat with some of the old halyard I keep squirreled away in the boat. Later (10ish) the park brought 5 guys from a neighboring cay to help build a dock. They had just finished building a dock on their rocky shore. Had a great time working with these 5 and about 8 from the park and volunteers. I spent the first hour and a half in waist deep water holding and nailing the cross members into place. Others worked from the boat between the pilings which was being bounced around and banged up pretty badly. Eventually there was enough of a deck for work to go on from there. Quite a day and it would have been finished if we hadn't run out of deck lumber. The 5 guys were from (of all places) Fargo, ND. They all knew our cousin's "grinder" place, the Red Pepper in Fargo. They really busted butt all day and I was exhausted by the time we wrapped things up.~~~(\_~~~D&M
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Moving On
Today we plan to sail North to Highborne Cay and then head on to Nassau on Thursday. Today is supposed to be a little quieter than tomorrow so we moved up our departure by a day.
Yesterday Dan spent working for the Park again. I finished up my "railing" around the houseboat with some of the old halyard I keep squirreled away in the boat. Later (10ish) the park brought 5 guys from a neighboring cay to help build a dock. They had just finished building a dock on their rocky shore. Had a great time working with these 5 and about 8 from the park and volunteers. I spent the first hour and a half in waist deep water holding and nailing the cross members into place. Others worked from the boat between the pilings which was being bounced around and banged up pretty badly. Eventually there was enough of a deck for work to go on from there. Quite a day and it would have been finished if we hadn't run out of deck lumber. The 5 guys were from (of all places) Fargo, ND. They all knew our cousin's "grinder" place, the Red Pepper in Fargo. They really busted butt all day and I was exhausted by the time we wrapped things up.~~~(\_~~~D&M
Dan started his work day putting an old halyard of ours to good use as a railing on the houseboat.
The dock that Dan built - - - with a little help from his friends (5 of whom were from Fargo, ND!)
Yesterday Dan spent working for the Park again. I finished up my "railing" around the houseboat with some of the old halyard I keep squirreled away in the boat. Later (10ish) the park brought 5 guys from a neighboring cay to help build a dock. They had just finished building a dock on their rocky shore. Had a great time working with these 5 and about 8 from the park and volunteers. I spent the first hour and a half in waist deep water holding and nailing the cross members into place. Others worked from the boat between the pilings which was being bounced around and banged up pretty badly. Eventually there was enough of a deck for work to go on from there. Quite a day and it would have been finished if we hadn't run out of deck lumber. The 5 guys were from (of all places) Fargo, ND. They all knew our cousin's "grinder" place, the Red Pepper in Fargo. They really busted butt all day and I was exhausted by the time we wrapped things up.~~~(\_~~~D&M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment