Where Are They Now?

Friday, January 28, 2011

Back to Key Largo

I liked the reflection cast by Andiamo's main.
Another early departure - at sunrise again. The trip to Key Largo is over 50 miles so we wanted to get a jump on the trip. The anchor was well dug in by strong winds last night, but came up easily and we were headed out of the harbor before 7:30. Fair winds greeted us as we rounded the southern end of Boot Key and we had a beam reach ALL DAY with winds 15-20 knots. Two days of perfect sailing in a row! Some kind of a record. We were making 7 to 8 knots the whole way, so we arrived at the entrance to Port Largo Canal before 2:30. We decided to scope out the route out through the reefs with the sun still high and tracked our route for our future trip across to Cat Cay in the Bahamas.

Candi, the dockmaster at Marina del Mar welcomed us "home" as we took our slip right in front of the veranda again. It really is a great place to hang out and we signed up for a week (special rate) and hope it will coincide with a good weather window for heading across. It was my turn to cook and I made Jess' Tortellini Soup, everyone said it was yummy, thanks Jess! Dan plans to "dive" tomorrow and change the zincs on both Brunelle and Andiamo. I hope to finally get a chance to ride our bikes that have been taking up the whole forward cabin for months! ~~~_/)~~~M&D

I found that my camera allows you to "stitch" three pictures together to get a panorama view. The top one is my first attempt, I'll have to keep trying. We headed out this morning through the disassembled bridge and past these pelicans preening in the mangroves

No comments: