Where Are They Now?

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This is the year for historical ships!

Dan spent the morning doing more dis-assembly on the engine while I walked up town to visit Hancock Fabrics (without Dan grumbling at me to hurry up!) and then on to the Fresh Market for some fresh food.  I was glad the dockmaster Damian saw me as I was lugging provisions back and gave me a golfcart ride back to Brunelle.

We had just finished lunch in the cockpit when I looked back and saw two ships a-coming.  They passed by slowly as they were waiting for the bridge to open, so I had time to get some pictures and to see their names.  The Pinta  and the Nina.  ...but where is the Santa Maria?!  I love google - I found out they are (sans Santa Maria) floating museums that are based out of Wilmington, DE and are on their way to St. Michael's.  They will be there this weekend.
The Pinta  was in the lead as they came by, Pinta on the left, Nina on the right and off they go toward the bridge.
The rest of the day was taken up with Dan doing some more tinkering, including taking the steering housing down and checking out a "clunk" we kept hearing when we used the port helm, and I did some laundry.  We enjoyed watching the crew activity again tonight during cocktails.  

We are getting a visit from the mechanic tomorrow at 8 am.  He will see if there is more for him to do before he goes to pick up the parts which were delivered to Portsmouth instead of here!  ~~~_/)~~~M&D

No comments: